my uploaded photos have disappeared from the site, can you recover them?
The blog I need help with is talkfranks.wordpress.com.
Looking at your site I see the photos in your posts. Another location to check is your media library.
(1) Are these missing images found in your Media Library ie. did you upload them from your computer onto WordPress.com servers? Or are they hosted on another site?
(2) Are you trying to edit posts or pages and/or upload images into a post on the WordPress.com home page? http://wordpress.com/#!/post/ Or are you working on the dashboard of your own blog?
(3) If you are using an IE9 browser in compatibility mode that makes it render as IE7 and IE7 is not supported. To disable see > http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
a. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies ? http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
b. Have you tried updating the browser to the latest stable version? http://browsehappy.com/
(3) For details about the options for uploading images see:
(4) For troubleshooting images tips see > http://en.support.wordpress.com/images/troubleshooting-images/
@talkfranks: You haven’t uploaded any images to your blog. All the images have been inserted via URL. The ones that disappeared are the ones from Facebook. This should teach you that inserting images hosted elsewhere isn’t good practice: the safe method is to insert images you upload from your computer to your blog.
thanks all, took longer to redo than to do the originals,
The topic ‘photos missing’ is closed to new replies.