Some of the pictures on my posts in October are not showing. Why is this? It comes up with this error message below
404 — File not found.
You can create your own free blog on WordPress.com.
Blog url: http://fashionandstylepolice.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is fashionandstylepolice.com.
That message means when a browser asked the server to display the image the server could not find it.
(1) Are these missing images found in your Media Library ie. on WordPress.com servers? Or are they hosted on another site?
(2) Please post links to the posts or pages the images are missing from.
(3) If you are using an IE9 browser in compatibility mode that makes it render as IE7 and IE7 is not supported. To disable see > http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
Thanks for your response. I had some missing images in my library.
When an image is deleted from your Media Library it’s not longer on WordPress.com servers and cannot be displayed when browsers call for it. When the images are in your Media Library you can insert them into your posts and they will display when browsers call for them. Have you resolved your image issues? I’m asking because I can see images all over your blog. If you cannot see them please do what follows.
If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ please try upgrading or switching first.
Note: If you are using an IE9 browser in compatibility mode that makes it render as IE7 and IE7 is not supported. To disable see > http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
If you are running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com please do these four things:
1. Try clearing your browser’s cache:
2. Make sure that you have third-party cookies enabled: http://en.support.wordpress.com/third-party-cookies/
3. Try with all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily disabled.
4. Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
If it’s still happening, let us know which browser (and version of it) you’re using and post any error reports you get.
Ok. Thanks. I have resolved the error now. Also, I need to know if Ads like Google Ad sense are allowed on here.
Aside from a blog being accepted into WordAds, http://www.wordads.co/ no blogger initiated advertising, retailing or reselling the work or products created or services provided by anyone other than yourself is allowed on free hosted wordpress.com blogs. E-commerce transactions via shopping carts and the like cannot be conducted on free blogs from and being free hosted by wordpress.com
On free hosted WordPress.com blog we can use a contact form and/or a PayPal donation button for sale of only products or services created or provided by ourselves.
If you do require an ecommerce site, advertising and/or affiliate links you can hire a web host and get a free software install from http://wordpress.org Refer to > http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
Ok. I have my own domain? Does it matter?
The topic ‘PICTURE ERROR’ is closed to new replies.