1. I upgraded my new blog to the pro bundle yesterday, so my new address should be http://www.anewdaytodream.com. However, when I type this address into the URL search bar, nothing comes up. How do I activate this new blog?
2. I am confused about hosting. If I want to use the self-hosted version of WordPress, does that mean I have to contact a hosting company (like Blue Host) and pay them a monthly fee to host my blog for me?
3. I bought my domain name through godaddy.com before I set up the WordPress blog, not realizing that, with the pro bundle, I could have gotten it for free. Before I upgraded to the Pro Bundle, I had purchased domain mapping for $13.00. Sine the Pro Bundle includes domain mapping, can I get a refund for the $13.00 I spent?
4. Is there something that I, personally, have to do to activate the domain mapping process, or does WordPress take care of all of that for me? In other words, will the domain mapping be done automatically?
Thanks for your help.
The blog I need help with is anewdaytodream.wordpress.com.
1: Looks like your domain is not pointing to WordPress.com name servers yet. Please go to your domain registrar’s site and log into the control panel. You will need to update the name servers as below:
2. That’s correct. To clear up any confusion, WordPress.com and WordPress.org are two different entities. Please check out the following links to learn the differences.
3: I’ve just refunded the $13 back to you.
4: See point nr 1
Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
The topic ‘please help.’ is closed to new replies.