I just joined this morning. I created two blogs, but I want to move all the content from blog A to blog B.
Here's what I've done:
1) I go to blog A, I click on MY DASHBOARD > manage > export. "Restrict Author" is set at ALL (I have only one author).
2) I click on "Download Export File" and save the file WordPress_com.mht to my hard drive.
3) Go to blog B, click on MY DASHBOARD > manage > import.
4) Click on Import WordPress and select the file WordPress_com.mht from my hard drive.
5) Click on Upload File and Import.
6) I am taken to a screen that says:
To make it easier for you to edit and save the imported posts and drafts,
you may want to change the name of the author of the posts. For example,
you may want to import all the entries as admins entries.
Map to existing: - Select - annulla
NOTE: there is only one author in the list. I cannot proceed without
selecting that name.
7) I click Submit and am taken to a page that says:
All done. Have fun!
BUT -- when I click on blog B, none of the content from blog A is there.
What am I doing incorrectly?