I am managing three websites on WP. 2 were setup before and I started this one. I have noticed that the option for plugins are not on the new one. How do I get that option?
The blog I need help with is russiantherapeuticmassage.com.
See here for a full comparison WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org
There is no upgrade you can purchase here that provides FTP access and the ability to install plugins and or any third party themes. If you want FTP access and to install plugins or third party themes into a site then you will have to hire a web host http://wordpress.org/hosting/ and set up your own WordPress.org install.
Can I get a refund and trasfer to bluehost.com? They are cheaper and give more of what I want.
Provided you are logged in under the same username account that registered the blog and purchased the upgrades, you ought to be able to request a refund from your dashboard > Store > My Upgrades
WordPress.com provides a 30-day refund on all upgrades except Domain Registrations, Domain Renewals, and Guided Transfers.
Note: It takes from 1 – 2 weeks for the refund to be received.
1. Hire a web host http://wordpress.org/hosting/
3. Export your content out of your WordPress.com blog http://en.support.wordpress.com/export/ and import it into the install.
4. Purchase a site redirect upgrade from wordpress.com
http://en.support.wordpress.com/site-redirect/ or if you have domain mapping then see here http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/move-domain/#change-name-servers-to-point-the-domain-outside-of-wordpress-com and here http://en.support.wordpress.com/domains/move-domain/
5. Transfer subscribers and stats. See http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/moving-your-subscribers/
6. Set your wordpress.com blog visibility to private. To change blog visibility to private go to > Settings > Reading scroll to Blog Visibility and choose option 3 . See the guide here http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/
Alternatively you can purchase a Guided Transfer and Staff will do the move and set up for you http://en.support.wordpress.com/guided-transfer/
WordPress.com and WordPress.org have different log-ins and run different versions of themes with same names. If you don’t have a username account at WordPress.ORG click http://wordpress.org/support/ and register one on the top right hand corner of the page that opens, so you can post to the support forums there and receive advice from WordPress.ORG bloggers.
The topic ‘Plugins’ is closed to new replies.