Post by email stopped working , help !
I have been using post by email for over a year now,
and yesterday it stopped working. It’s still enabled but new posts are not created.
I don’t want to generate a new email since several people and tools already have this email.
Any ideas what to do ?
The blog I need help with is shacharweis.wordpress.com.
Please try some troubleshooting so we can eliminate dome possible causes. 1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers.
2. Are you using http:// or https:// see http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
3.Which browser and version of it are you using?
4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
5. Is your browser version up to date? You can upgrade any browser version here.
6. Do you have third party cookies enabled?
8. Do you have another browser you can try?
9. You can use this link to see if your Flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of Flash. http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
10. Have you had any recent operating system and/or security program updates?
Sometimes operating system and/or security system updates can cause problems so check for known issues.
Reference link – post by email
This canned response is completely irrelevant.
I’m not convinced that troubleshooting is irrelevant at all.
It’s still enabled but new posts are not created.
Is the post you tried to create in your draft posts or not?
Exactly what did you experience when your tried to create a post?
I deleted the “Post by Email” and created a new one,
it still does not work. Posts are not being created when I send am email.
Please, Post by Email is the main channel I use to upload content,
I really need this fixed.
I’m sorry this isn’t working for you. Will you please contact Staff directly? Here’s the link http://en.support.wordpress.com/contact/ After you use the searchbox, under the search results, at the bottom of the page there will be a section that says “Have you found the answer to your question?” You can choose either “Yes I found the answer to my question.” or “No I didn’t find the answer to my question and I would like to contact support for help.” The no option will reveal the contact form.
Up until 2 days ago, I used to send an email to my “Post by Email” email,
and a new post would be created immediately.
Sometime in the past 48 hours this stopped working. I send an email and
nothing happens, no new posts are made, images in the email are not added
to the library. And I checked, as far as I can tell, the email was sent.
I’m sorry this is happening to you. I have flagged this thread for Staff attention previously but think that sending them all your details may be the way to go and that’s why I suggested that above.
The topic ‘Post by email stopped working , help !’ is closed to new replies.