Posting

• Schedule a post. I scheduled my post for 6am this morning. It looks like it didn’t actually post until I logged in this morning. I logged in at about 10:40am and that’s when it posted. Something I did or what went wrong?

The blog I need help with is: (visible only to logged in users)

• Hi –
    Did you check your timezone setting? Your blog’s timezone is set to Coordinated Universal Time, UTC by default, which is in London, UK.

Here is more information on timezone:
    Timezone

• No, you didn’t do anything wrong. That’s how scheduled posts work. They appear once the first visitor accesses your site on or after the time the post was scheduled. It seems you didn’t have any visitors to the site between 6am and your logging on later in the morning. https://en.support.wordpress.com/schedule-a-post/

Scheduled posts will be triggered by the first visit to your blog on or after the exact date/time you set. If you see that the scheduled time has come and gone and your post has not published, simply log out of WordPress.com and view your blog’s front page. Your visit should cause the post to appear.

• Thanks for the quick responses! That seems to defeat the purpose of scheduling a post at a certain time if someone has to first visit the site in order for it to post. I have very few visitors, so I want my post to prompt the visit, not my visitors to prompt my post…

• Yeah I’m with you on that. The only use I can see for scheduled posts is if someone is on vacation and they set up a stack of posts to appear whilst they are away from the computer. But since the advent of smartphones people are never away from the Interweb any more………

• I double checked the timezone before I set my post and it was correct.

Is there a way to have it post without having me log in or having a visitor prompt it? I am so confused as to why it would be set up this way.

• The topic ‘Posting’ is closed to new replies.