problem connecting blog to Facebook
I’m having trouble using the “publicize” function for my blog. When I select the button that says “Add new connection to Facebook” the page reloads, and nothing happens. The buttons for the other options (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) work just fine, so I think there is a problem with the button or WordPress’s connection to Facebook.
Can this be fixed/is there some sort of workaround? When I post new material, I want an update to automatically appear on the site’s Facebook page.
Blog url: http://cleantechverdict.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is cleantechverdict.wordpress.com.
If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ please try upgrading or switching first.
If you are running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com please do these four things:
1. Try clearing your browser’s cache:
2. Make sure that you have third-party cookies enabled: http://en.support.wordpress.com/third-party-cookies/
3. Try with all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily disabled.
4. Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
If it’s still happening, let us know which browser (and version of it) you’re using and post any error reports you get.
Thanks for the tips. I tried all the the suggestions, but it doesn’t seem to be a browser problem. I’m having the same problem with Firefox 16.0.2 and Sarafi 5.1.7. As i mentioned, the publicize function seems to be fine for all other options.
Are there any other options I can try or is this a problem on WordPress’s end?
1. Try flushing your FB cache but disconnect from FB first http://umairj.com/146/how-to-clear-facebook-shares-cache/
2. Try the full reconnect procedure again detailed at http://en.support.wordpress.com/publicize/#reconnecting-facebook including step 3 (removing the FB app), which is probably the most important step.
The topic ‘problem connecting blog to Facebook’ is closed to new replies.