I’m just wondering, with all of the people with blogs out there, how would one make themselves stand-out? How do you get yourself out there to get people viewing? Anyone?
The blog I need help with is mcscriptor.wordpress.com.
Commenting on blogs with similar content and joining social networks are the primary means of promoting your blog. See here > increase traffic
You can set up email subscriptions here > Appearance > Widgets > Follow Blog Widgets by using this guide > http://en.support.wordpress.com/widgets/follow-blog-widget/
If you would like a follow button to appear on the bottom right hand corner of your site for those who do not have WordPress.com accounts go to > Settings > Reading and scroll down to Follower Settings:
These settings change emails sent from your blog to followers.
Logged out users __ Show follow button to logged out users.
Checking this will present a follow button to logged out users in the bottom corner of their screen.
Find Friends Who Use WordPress > http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/find-friends/
You can customize the contact form with multiple fields, change the email address where you’ll be notified, and mark feedbacks as spam from your dashboard. http://en.support.wordpress.com/contact-form/
You can provide social network sharing icons on the bottom of your posts > http://en.support.wordpress.com/sharing/
To Add Social Media Buttons to Your Sidebar or Footer see http://en.support.wordpress.com/add-social-media-buttons-to-your-sidebar-or-footer/
See also Publicize > http://en.support.wordpress.com/publicize/
Hello, I started blogging 2 days ago and I’m up to 850 views. I was wondering since I’m so new to this – is that a good/fair # of views?
I’ve written two short, personal experiences and will continue to go that route as well as writing some fictional pieces, rants, etc.
If this # is low, how can I up the views? Just curious.
Here is my blog – anasblog101.com
Any feedback will be immensely appreciated. Thank you!
1. There are many blogs in many niches so comparing stats is an apples to oranges makes no sense at all. Determine which are the top blogs in blogosphere in the same the niche you blog in and start commenting on the posts on those blogs.
2. Blog evaluations are not freebies they are paid work for consultants.
3. Feedback from other beginner bloggers who lack blogging experience and who may have accepted and acted on the advice of others generally lacks value. When that went on here before those of us who are experienced bloggers and who are paid consultants spent our precious volunteering time correcting the incorrect advice that beginner blogger feedback gave rise to.
4. You have an issue you need to correct. All reasons for non-appearance of posts on Topics pages can be found here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/topics/#missing-posts
As you have assigned a combined total that exceeds 15 Categories/Tags to your posts, you need to edit and delete. http://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/edit-posts-screen/ After removal of the excess categories and/or tags note it may take several days for your posts to begin displaying there.
You are inadvertently spamdexing AKA tag spamming. And, you ought to be more concerned about your posts not appearing and being well ranked on Google and Bing SERPS (search results pages) than not appearing on the WordPress.com Topics pages because it’s search engines that send a significant flow of traffic to blogs and they can choose to bury your content where the sun don’t shine for tag spamming.
The rule of thumb is to assign the least, not the most, combined number of only relevant categories and tags that accurately describe the post content.
For tips on tagging see > http://onecoolsitebloggingtips.com/2013/03/15/quick-blog-post-tagging-tips/
5. If you are looking to promote your poetry blog this post and the comments have many relevant links to sites for you to check out.
Promoting Your Writing or Poetry Blog
6. The worst thing any beginner blogger can do is obsesses about stats.
amarte01, I’m jealous, I’ve been up for two months and am only at 754.
Timethief, thanks a lot! I have re-edited all of my tags to a number of about 7-11 tags for each post.
Wondering, if I re-tagged everything to a minimal number, will that fix the issue of Tag-Spamming?
The topic ‘Publicity’ is closed to new replies.