Publicize & Hacking
If I connect my blog to Publicize, and my blog gets hacked, can the hacker then access my Twitter too?
And vice versa, if my Twitter gets hacked, can they access my blog too?
The blog I need help with is ecologyliz.wordpress.com.
Blogs are hacked only when blogger fail to use the appropriate security protocols. This has nothing whatsoever to do with using Publicize as we never ever have the same password on any of our online accounts. Each one has a different password and if your are not different you need to chnage them at once.
More re: hacked accounts and blogs
If anyone is posting anything to your blog or removing anything from it, or changing anything in it, or if your blog has been deleted and you did not delete it, then it’s most likely that you have provided them with the ability to do so, either deliberately by adding them as official users, or by allowing them access to your login information, or by posting content that makes it easy for them to guess what your log-in information is.
For you the question that needs to be answered is: Who, aside from me, has access to my login information?
If you registered this blog
Go to your email program immediately and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs.
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
You can also reset your password via your Settings tab on the WordPress.com home page:
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
6. Use two step authentication http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/two-step-authentication/
7. Run a security scan on your computer.
8. Never leave your computer logged into your blogs and walk away from it. Always log out properly.
The topic ‘Publicize & Hacking’ is closed to new replies.