Publish button not working
When i want to publish a post and click “publish” nothing happens. (The “save draft” button works).
As instructed from a different forum on the same issue, I have already cleared my cookies and cache, which sometimes helps, but it seems as though i need to do this EVERY time i write a post and want to publish it.
This last time, however, i have already cleared the cache and cookies (which i now do as routine everytime i want to log into WordPress – argh!) but it doesnt help.
I can no longer write blog entries. Please help!
The blog I need help with is writewhatyousee.wordpress.com.
(1) How you are connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers.
(2) Are you using the http:// login or are your using the https:// login? See http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
(3) Exactly which browser and version of it are you using. If you don’t know click here to find out > http://whatsmyuseragent.com/
(4) Do you have another browser that you can try?
I’ve been having the same issue with the preview button. this may or may not be related to staff working on code in the background.
I recommend copying the content then click new post and transfer the post you were working on via copy and past method this usually clears up the issue of the button not working. (But have also had this method fail at times as well.)
Make sure to copy and paste the content with the editor in HTML view mode. so all HTML coding from the post is gathered when you copy the post.
Before you try the suggested method make sure to make a backup copy of your post.
Hi and Thank You to both of you for your suggestions.
In response to your questions:
1) i am not connecting via mobile, sattelite or dial-up. I dont think with DSL either. (sorry, i’m not clever with those kinds of terms). It’s through a phone line connection.
2) I was using the http login, but on your suggestion i have made the changes to https. Possibly a stupid question, but if i hadnt been using https before has someone tampered with something and i need to change password and whatnot?
3) My browser is – Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0.
4) I did try copying my post into a ‘new post’ page, and also tried other options for posting like the quick post, but it was all the same: the publish button didnt work.
I did not try another browser, but after making the https change (and didnt have to clear history or anything) i was just now able to post.
Thank you both for your help! I assume this should clear up the problem “forever”?
@sl1k….I’ve been having the same issue with the “preview” button. Just started happening recently and makes posting really an issue as the only way so far to get around it is, go into “Posts” and then preview from the listing). Something must be going on. Did WP make a recent global change that would have affected this?
Oh, and I meant to add…your trick of copying and pasting html code into a new post doesn’t work. This is annoying!
The topic ‘Publish button not working’ is closed to new replies.