The publishing function is not working all time. Sometime I can publish, sometimes I cannot.
I did what you suggested, but it did not work.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Can you explain exactly what is preventing you from being able to publish?
– Are you unable to click the ‘publish’ button
– Are you receiving an error? If so, please paste the error message here.
– Is your browser stalling out on you?
There are two error messages:
I see that you have some new posts up today at http://venitism.wordpress.com/
If you are still receiving the errors you mention above can you please tell me if you are using wordpress.com/post or /wp-admin/ editor?
The posts you see are only infographics. I can post infographics, but no text.
In other words, my WordPress can only publish images. I cannot publish a regular article with text in it. It just says “publishing failed” or sometimes “saving failed.”
Please excuse me for but I think we need you to provide specifics for Staff. Please work through the list that follows and report your details back here.
1. If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ please try upgrading or switching first.
2. If you are using an IE browser in compatibility mode please disable that mode. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view
3. If you are running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/
(a) Try clearing your browser’s cache http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
If applicable see here for instructions on how to clear the cache for Chrome and Safari on the iPad:
(c) Disable all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily. Know also that security and firewall programs and programs that run incognito mode may need to be temporarily disabled as well.
(d) Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
Add both *.wordpress.com and *.wp.com to your list of trusted sites under the Security tab. Make sure to uncheck the box for “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.” http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/#frequently-asked-questions
4. You can use this link to see if your flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not then go to http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ and download and install the latest version of flash.
5. Try using another browser.
6. If you are not successful please provide this specific info:
(a) Exactly what kind of device you are using to connect to the internet and to WordPress.com.
(b) Exactly which browser (and version of it) you’re using by checking here if necessary http://supportdetails.com/
(c) Exactly what you experience including exactly what any error reports you receive state.
(d) Screenshots can be helpful. You can use http://snag.gy/ or http://cloudup.com to share screenshots and link to them here. If you use the WordPress.com guide for screenshots http://en.support.wordpress.com/make-a-screenshot/ you can and upload it to your Media Library, and return to this thread to provide the file name so Staff can examine it.
Then type modlook into the sidebar tags on this thread for Staff help. How do I get a Moderator/Staff reply for my question? https://en.support.wordpress.com/getting-help-in-the-forums/#how-do-i-get-a-moderatorstaff-reply-for-my-question Then please subscribe to this thread so you are notified when they respond. To subscribe look in the sidebar of this thread, find the subscribe to topics link and click it.
I tried via wp-admin, and it worked! I was able to publish a regular post with text. So, I guess, from now on I have to go through wp-admin. Thank you for the idea to go via wp-admin.
Glad the wp-admin route worked! I went ahead and responded to the issue here:
Please keep all further correspondence in that thread. I’ll close this one to prevent duplicate conversation!
The topic ‘PUBLISHING’ is closed to new replies.