Query on Domain Mapping
1) In my experience they’ll take a temporary dip but recover quickly and actually be improved shortly.
2) Yes. It’s just mapping a domain; it changes nothing else. You take whatever.com and you tie it to whatever.wordpress.com and everything else is the same as it was on whatever.wordpress.com including the content.
3) It’s the same blog. Yes, it uses the same theme.
4) Nope, you have to do the formatting yourself if you have a custom menu. And if your other website had links of a format that are not compatible with WordPress.com, then those linked posts are going to take a HUGE hit SEO-wise.
5) you have to set that up separately, since WP.com does not have mailservers. Check the Support documents for the details.
Thank you very much Raincoaster for your reply.
In point no.5) – you mentioned – I have to set up that separately. So, emails with Google Apps will continue to work, correct?
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en It should, according to this.
The topic ‘Query on Domain Mapping’ is closed to new replies.