question – is this possible to add images to the menu buttons?
I’d like to know if this is possible to add some images to the top menu buttons in such template
thanks for your reply in advance!
I don’t see any images on buttons at the link you provide. And I’m not clear about what your question truly is. Suffice to say that we cannot edit our underlying templates here at wordpress.com. We are all on a shared multi-user blogging platform. If you could edit your template then every other blog with the same theme would be likewise effected.
The question is really about how that horizontal menu has been set up. No images are involved. But sadly that type of thing can’t be done here. For fancy doodads you would need the WordPress.org software and your own web host.
Well, my queston was rather about the style, and the possibilities to modify it. I’m thinking about changing the texts in the horizontal menu to images.
So what your are asking is: What can I change if I get the css upgrade?
The answer is you can change only “appearance” you cannot access or edit the underlying template of the blog. Moreover, the theme you are pointing at is not a theme adapted to run on wordpress.com. It’s a wordpress.org theme that’s for wordpress.org (different software).
Personalizing Your Blog
There are three options.
- You can choose to use one of the themes made available at wordpress.com through your admin section -> Dashboard -> Presentation -> Themes
- You can choose to undertake css customizing a wordpress.com theme or making one of your own.
- Or, you can choose move to self hosting by downloading and altering a free wordpress.org
template to suit.
- You can edit your theme’s style sheet or create one of your own to personalize the appearance of your blog, only if you purchase an upgrade and undertake css customization yourself. (For more detailed information see CSS Customization Upgrade below. )
- Although some themes at wordpress.org and wordpress.com may appear to be the same they are not; the software is different. The “please read me first before posting” sticky at the head of the wp support forum outlines the differences between blogs hosted by wordpress at wordpress.com and self-hosted wordpress.org software.
CSS Customization Upgrade
- The 15$ you pay to upgrade a wordpress.com blog enables you to to alter the appearance of your theme and but not the underlying php code. Purchasing the upgrade entitles you to customize css on one blog for one year.
- The upgrade is not recommended to bloggers who do not have css customization experience. Although there is a forum and other bloggers may volunteer to help you if needs be, there is no staff support provided for learning css customization.
- CSS customization can be used to improve on any existing theme see: ->Presentation -> Themes; you can define your own classes for use in posts; you can select the Sandbox theme and build on one of the Minimalist layouts or, opt for no stylesheet and do it all yourself. If you feel you are up to the challenge of customizing a theme then these link , link , link will be helpful. There are also css resources that you can access listed in the FAQs blog.
I know diddly squat about css customization, although there are those who are determined to see to it that I do learn it … lol… so, any further questions will have to be answered by a css “expert” type. Best wishes. :)
I forgot to add, I have my own server with a wordpress instalation running.
Okay, I think I’ll investigete CSS more. Thanks for your exhaustive info timethief.
Sigh … you’re welcome.
The topic ‘question – is this possible to add images to the menu buttons?’ is closed to new replies.