Hello WordPress Forum,
I have searched other threads in the forum and have not found one that addresses my specific question. Hence this post.
This morning I discovered, to my chagrin, that my account has been suspended. Upon recovering from my heart attack, I tried to troubleshoot the matter. First off, I understand that this forum cannot help with reinstatement and I have sent the WordPress support site the appropriate request (both on line and via email).
My two questions for the Forum is at the bottom of the message, but here is the brief background:
My blog is: http://mannerofspeaking.wordpress.com
I have purchased the domain name - http://mannerofspeaking.org - and am currently having it point to my blog.
I have created this account in my name (no blog attached to it) in order to be able to access this Forum.
I looked at some cached pages in an effort to figure it out. After giving the matter some thought, I can only come up with the following reasons:
1. One or more of the widgets in the sidebar is not acceptable. I have a number of widgets in an effort to have my blog listed in several blogging catalogues. I do not have any widgets that have adsense or anything similar and I do not advertise a product. There is one widget - BlogUpp - that is bigger than the rest and looks like an ad but is just (I believe) a larger widget and still like Blog Catologue, etc.
2. I recently started putting Get Social Live bookmarks at the bottom of my posts to encourage people to Digg or Stumble, etc. Could this be a problem?
3. A picture with copyright is on the blog. I check my pictures for copywright or creative commons licences and post those that either have no copywright or old ones that say the copywright has expired. Alternatively, I seek permission from the photographer and post a credit back. Perhaps I have erred with respect to a photo?
4. Link backs and Track backs are sent to my spam filter. I mark these as not spam and then post them. Perhaps this is wrong?
5. I have recently received some large spam messages which I promptly deleted. Could this have something to do with it?
Rest assured that I take my blogging responsibility seriously and want to adhere to WordPress's rules. I am happy to work with you to correct anything that is out of place and hope to hear from you soon so that we can target the problem and remedy it.
Here are my questions:
1. For a brief period of time this morning I had access to a limited version of my mannerofspeaking dashboard. I cannot seem to reacces it. Any ideas?
2. Am I correct that if the error (whatever it is) is not egregious and can be fixed (e.g, delete a widget, etc.) that my content will still be available and the blog can be reinstated?
Many thanks for your help. I appreciate very much the fact that you respond to these posts on a voluntary basis.