I have deleted my account with you all, but I continue to see My site and Reader on all websites I visit. I want it stopped and removed immediately.
WordPress.com does not delete accounts, you can just leave your account inactive. To not see “My Sites” and “Reader” you need to be log out by clicking on the log out link in the top right. To prevent other people from having your username in the future, WordPress.com doesn’t delete usernames (they are kept so they cannot be recycled). For more information, please see this link below:
Here’s a few suggestions for you if you’d like to scrub the account:
1) Empty and delete your sites:
First of all, be sure to empty your sites of all content. You can find out more about how to do this here:
Next, delete the site following the guide on this page:
Please be aware that this is irreversible!
2) If you are trying to unsubscribe from emails sent to you from WordPress.com, go here and click on “Block Emails”:
3) You can also go here to remove all data except the account name and an email address. Create a throwaway email address and change the account email to that throwaway address. This will only leave the username behind:
4) To ensure the account is locked up tightly, visit this site, generate a password of 15-20 characters, and change the account password to it:
5) While you cannot completely delete your Gravatar profile, you can remove all of your profile information easily through the “Edit My Profile” page here:
You can also hide your Gravatar profile from external access. Visit your profile page (click your name in the top navigation of the website), then click the “Hide My Profile” link in the bottom, right-hand corner.
The topic ‘Remove Header’ is closed to new replies.