I then used Chrome and went to css and did exactly the same and as with Firefox there is no save style sheet option it just says saved or save.
In the new editor, right? This is expected. The Save button should only go active if you've made a change to the editor in the CSS panel.
Is there a difference between the css menu when it you use custom design or customise?
Custom Design is moving from the wp-admin area to the Customize area. The main difference between the two is an updated look (slide-out panel on the right) and live previews—which are awesome! :)
If you want to go and play yourself feel free.
Thanks, I went here:
And I saved a change to the CSS and it worked fine for me. That indicates the problem isn't system wide and could even be related to a local computer or network setting. Those kinds of things can be tough to track down though!!
If you're willing to dive a little deeper, looking at the web console in your browser might provide the developers some helpful info:
1. Go to Appearance → Themes → Customize → CSS in Chrome
2. In the very top menus, go to View → Developer → Developer Tools
3. A bar will show up at the bottom of your browser window, click "Console" at the top of the bar
4. Try saving some CSS after that and check to see if any errors pop into the browser console
5. Link back with a screenshot if you see an error (or copy paste it in a reply here)
Here are the results of my test on your blog after I clicked "Save", there aren't any red errors in the console, which is what we're looking for.
For anyone else having this issue, please do post a reply here so we can track it. Without more info, we can't find down the cause of the trouble so it really helps if you post here with as much detail as you can provide!