Restore my blog for Mar. 16 version- non-hacked version
Could I get my blog restored to the version as of Mar. 16, 2014?
I believe my blog was hacked on Mar. 17 because now all my statistics for Top Posts and Pages have disappeared for last 3 years.
Instead it appears Top Posts and Pages count outbound clicks, external links that I embedded in some blog posts as resources.
I had used spam referrer links feature but found that was not helpful.
Please let me know about this or whatever else I can do. I do know that the blog is still registering new hits…only by my Top Posts and Pages image widget …which rightfully changes depending on the blog traffic each day. (The only good thing left for my blog.)
(I have not added new blog content since Mar. 16.)
The blog I need help with is cyclewriteblog.wordpress.com.
There is no such thing as a site restore like there is on a windows computer.
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs.
Then read this please and act on what you find there > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
I tagged this thread for a Staff follow-up. Please subscribe to it so you are notified when they respond.
Thank you very much, timethief.
If your stats aren’t working properly, that does not indicate that your site was hacked.
I don’t see anything unusual about your stats. Why do you think there’s an issue with your Top Posts and Pages stats? When I look at them, everything seems to be fine as far as I can tell.
Thank goodness. I’m a fan and it would be a terrible shame if the content in that blog had been hacked and lost.
I’m not saying the site was definitively not hacked, but a discrepancy in stats alone is not an indication that a site was hacked. And I’m not even sure if there’s an issue with the stats, so I’m confused. :)
How strange….it seems to have resolved itself. The proper Dashboard widget for Top Posts and Pages is now there.
Thx for responding, Jackie.
(And glad you enjoyed Vancouver BC there. I checked your blog.)
Thanks raincoaster. :)
The topic ‘Restore my blog for Mar. 16 version- non-hacked version’ is closed to new replies.