I want to upload a favicon. I can’t find my root directory because I don’t know what server my blog is hosted on. I was told by my internet provider that I don’t use their server services and that since my blog is connected to my Gmail account, then I may be using Google as a server. I use a Macbook and I’ve been searching for ‘wp’ folders throughout my laptop but there are no such WordPress files. Please help!
The blog I need help with is arabianfrogger.com.
1) your internet provider’s service personnel are pretty dumb.
2) your blog is hosted at WordPress.com, using the customized WordPress.com software, not Google.
3) you do not upload to wp folders using FTP or similar processes because WordPress.com is configured to be much simpler to use.
4) all instructions for WP.com blogs can be found in the Support documents and these forums http://support.wordpress.com/ so ignore other instructions you find online: they are for WordPress.ORG
5) upload a favicon on the Settings->General page of teh blog dashboard.
i can’t believe it was that easy!!! thanks a million
I want to upload to technoratimedia_sv_b5f1.txt to my blog’s root directory as part of their website owner verification process. I’m using the free webhost from wordpress. I honestly don’t know where to find it. I tried going to settings>general page but I couldn’t find where to upload the file. Help!
The topic ‘Root directory’ is closed to new replies.