I wanted to share my blog with some-one and doing so I accidentelly send him the link while I was editing. The link brings him into my admin, in fact I send him an open door into my blogsadmin. What can I do in order to make my admin safe again?
The blog I need help with is anoukhubatka.wordpress.com.
Go to your email program and change the password to a very difficult one because that’s how many hackers gain access to blogs
1. If you can log-in go here > Users > All Users and delete any user that does not belong there.
2. Disable post by email > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-email/
3. Disable post by voice > http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-by-voice/
4. Change your blog password to a very difficult one > http://en.support.wordpress.com/passwords/#change-your-password
5. Use a secure, encrypted connection to connect to your Dashboard. Under Users → Personal Settings, check the box that says “Always use HTTPS when visiting administration pages, and click Save Changes.
6. Set up two step authentication http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/two-step-authentication/
Then read this please knowing that blogs don’t get hacked when security protocols are followed. > http://en.support.wordpress.com/security/ Never ever provide anyone else with access to your login information.
Did you maybe send them the “request feedback” link from the Post editor? It is down a bit below the editing box. That will let them see the Post on your blog and make remarks but not have any admin rights
If you sent him a preview link, and he’s not a blog admin or editor, he can’t read it anyway.
Thank you so much for your replies!
Timethief: thanks for the manual. I will follow the steps and see what happens.
Auxclass: I don’t think I did that.
But I do believe I did what Raincoaster says, yes it must have been the preview link I send, thinking it was the actual link to my blog. It was a link with ‘admin’ in it, though.
I’ll see what I can do, now, and may get back to this later. Thanks!
If it was a link with “admin” in it, he can’t see it. Can you see this one? https://raincoaster.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=15057&action=edit
Excellent, no I can’t enter. Pfew, that is a relief. Thanks!
but how come I can enter the blog myself with that same link in the email I sent, even though I changed the password?
WordPress.COM knows when you are logged in – they set a cookie with your browser – that is how you can move from page to page and stay logged in and you can work on your blog and also post in the support forum here
Ah, cookies, I see. Thanks for the reply.
Have a great day everybody, and thank you for your help… I feel much better now, knowing my admin is safe^^
You be welcome
The topic ‘safety’ is closed to new replies.