Sela Theme Issues
Hi, I’m hoping someone can give me a bit of advice! I have started a blog and have had a lot of trouble with getting the settings and layout right (first time at this!). On my page I want the Home page to simply be a list of my blog posts from most recent onwards. Initially when I go onto my site that is what happens (although I only have one post published so far!) but when I re-click on the Home page it redirects to what I think is a static page – despite me having the page set to “Front page displays your latest posts”…..any advice on this? I’m very confused! Thanks
The blog I need help with is lifelovingadventure.wordpress.com.
It looks like you may have originally set the site up with a static front page and with the blog displayed on the page titled “blog.” On the Sela theme, if, during the site creation process, you selected a ‘welcome page’ for the front page, the site would have been created with a static front page, titled “Home,” assigned to the front page template, and the page titled “Blog” set as the blog page. The site was also created with a custom menu — see the Custom Menus support page — that included links to these two pages: “Home” and “Blog.”
At some point you evidently switched to displaying posts on the front page. Doing has had the following results:
- The page that displays your latest posts has been changed from the static page “Blog” to the default blog page (which has no editor or constant URL) that is present on every WordPress.com site.
- The “Blog” page has reverted from being a dynamic page that displays posts to an empty static page.
- The “Blog” menu item would remain linked to the page titled “Blog,” but that page no longer displays the blog posts, and has no content.
- The “Home” menu item still links to the same static page, but it is no longer on the front page, because you’ve set the front page to display your latest posts rather than a static page.
Custom menu items are just links. When you make changes to the pages that they are linked to, then the menu items must be changed as well.
What to do?
You may reassign the “Home” menu item to the default blog page. To do so, do the following:
- At My Site > Menus, find the “Home” menu item.
- Click the “Edit” tab on the “Home” menu item.
- Choose the “Home (Site)” option, instead of the “Home” option.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Click the “Save” button to save the change to the menu.
These steps will reassign the menu item “Home” to the blog page. Note, however, that the static page titled “Home” will still exist, though there will be no menu item linked to it anymore. You may want to change that page title if you intend to use it.
Secondly, you may delete the “Blog” menu item, as it’s presently linked to the static page “Blog” that has been sent to trash.
The topic ‘Sela Theme Issues’ is closed to new replies.