How can I associate my shortlink with the correct post?
The correct shortlink for the post you’re referring to is:
If you’d like to use the shortlink that you posted, you might try changing the permalink for the post at:
You can change the permalink from within the post editor.
Thanks for your response. I have three points:
1. I think I did change the permalink, but I the shortlink stayed the same.
2. Since I had to get confirmation from others before making the post public, I had published it with a password so it could be online. However, when I changed the status to “public” the shortlink seemed to still refer to the protected version because when I tried to post it to FB for example, it would say exactly that: “this post is protected, etc.” I could do nothing to change that. Then people started telling me that they couldn’t access the post, although the password protection had been lifted!
I could not wait for your response and went ahead and copied the post and re-linked all the photos etc in order to get another link that works to send to people right away…
3.Another thing: why do people have to sign in to click on the “like” button on the bottom, since I checked off in my settings that anyone could comment etc.? (there isn’t a “like” button setting that I know of)
1. The shortlink is linked to the specific post and won’t change.
2. This is an odd caching glitch on Facebook’s end, which we can’t control. I don’t know why, but I have had luck by asking another friend to share a post once it’s public.
3. The Like button is specific to WordPress.com, so they need a WordPress.com account to like a post.
The topic ‘How can I associate my shortlink with the correct post?’ is closed to new replies.