Hello! I’m at it again, i really don’t know how or what has happened, however it appears i have two separate WordPress accounts under the one email, and i have managed to name them the same! I started editing one, and then later went back and noticed the page was not the same nor was the layout of the WordPress admin site. I’m not sure if one is .org, and the other is not but i’m stuck trying to figure out which is the ‘real’ one that has my domain attached and which one i can delete!
Any help would be appreciated
The blog I need help with is kulturethirst.wordpress.com.
i have two separate WordPress accounts under the one email, and i have managed to name them the same!
Based on that, you have two sets of login details:
- Login details for your account on WordPress.com
- Login details for your account on kulturethirst.com
We require each WordPress.com account to use a unique email address which means it isn’t possible to add the same email address to multiple accounts. It sounds like you are referring to the two accounts I mentioned above, is that correct?
i’m stuck trying to figure out which is the ‘real’ one that has my domain attached and which one i can delete!
kulturethirst.com is a separate site that is not connected to kulturethirst.wordpress.com in any way — the two sites function independently from each other.
Do you want to keep kulturethirst.wordpress.com (hosted by WordPresss.com) or is kulturethirst.com (hosted by HostGator) the only site you need?
Just let me know and we can look at the best way forward.
Thanks for replying.
When i log into Kulturethirst.com, it asks if i would like to login in as admin, when i do that it directs me to WordPress also.
Basically what i have been trying to do is create a wordpress account, buy my domain (which i did from godaddy) and attach it to my wordpress site. I didn’t realise in the beginning i could do this al from WordPress anyhow, i still think i have two wordpress sites kulturethirst but somehow the admin page looks slightly different and i’m not editing the same page! When i go into account details on both, it ays Shenay92….
I have screenshots to show you but i can’t add them here. Is there somewhere i can send them?
Hi there, when I go to kulturethirst.com, I’m seeing a Hostgator coming soon page. Since that is the domain name you wish your content to be on, then my suggestion is to always log in there at http://kulturethirst.com/wp-login.php. That way you are always on the correct site.
Do you have content elsewhere, perhaps on a site here at WordPress.com that you need to import into that new site? kulturethirst.wordpress.com doesn’t have any added content really.
I don’t have any content yet, i was just editing the theme etc. trying to build the page, and realised that somehow i have two. I need admin help to tell me which one has my Domain attached/linked to it, and i will start with that one as i didn’t get very far with editing either of them so it would be easier if i could find the one i should be using, and then start fresh.
Perpahs if i remove the link from Hostgator (kulturethirst.com) that is pointing to wordpress.org and point it towards WordPress.com – is this possible and the best solution do you think? It seems i have pointed my domain to the wrong wordpress side. Although i’m still unsure how i have two sites with the same login email – are wordpress.com and .org seperate? Maybe that is why.
The only site you have in your WordPress.com account is http://kulturethirst.wordpress.com. There is no domain attached to that site.
Your site at kulturethirst.com is hosted by Hostgator, and using the open source WordPress software, which is something completely separate and different from WordPress.com. To access that site and work on it, you need to use the link that @thesacredpath provided above, and to get it online you need to speak to Hostgator support.
For support for that version of WordPress itself, you can post at https://wordpress.org/support/ instead.
Perpahs if i remove the link from Hostgator (kulturethirst.com) that is pointing to wordpress.org and point it towards WordPress.com – is this possible and the best solution do you think?
If you’d prefer to make your site with us instead of Hostgator you can certainly do that. You’ll need to do the following:
1) Purchase a WordPress.com plan for your site at kulturethirst.wordpress.com. You can do this at My Site ->Plans. Any plan will allow you to connect your domain here, but if you want to use a different theme than the ones we have listed at My Site ->Themes, or if you want to use any plugins, you’ll need the Business Plan. You can use any of our Premium Themes if you buy the Premium or Business Plan, and you can also buy Premium Themes separately if you prefer.
2) Once you have the plan, go to My Site ->Domains ->Add and select the option to connect a domain you already own. As your domain was only registered two weeks ago you won’t be able to transfer it – new domains cannot be transferred for 60 days – but you can use the domain mapping option to connect it to your WordPress.com site and then transfer it later if you want.
3) Log in at GoDaddy where your domain is registered and point the domain’s name servers to us – instructions in the link above.
4) Cancel your hosting account with Hostgator – if you host your site with us you don’t need to pay them for hosting as well.
Let me know if you have any questions about this.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.