I started a new blog and couldn’t figure out how to change the site title, so my blog is now ‘Site Title.’ How do I change that?
The blog I need help with is janmikenz.wordpress.com.
There are 2 ways to change the site title
1) Go to Settings > Site Title and edit your site title
2) Go to Themes > Customise > Site Identity > edit your site title
Refer the tutorial on the link below: https://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/general-settings/
Hope this helps!
re: changing a .wordpress.com site title
The top level domain here is wordpress.com and all sites hosted here on on .wordpress.com sub domains. The site title and the URL of the wordpress.com sub domain do not have to be the same.
1. You can use the theme customizer to change a site title under site identity https://en.support.wordpress.com/customizer/
2. The Site title (blog name) and/or the optional Tagline can be changed on the top of this page at any time. >Dashboard > Settings > General … “save changes”.
* You will have to replace NAME_OF_BLOG withe the actual name of the blog in that URL.
That is exactly where search engine spiders look for the site title and removing it from there can cause issues with getting your content indexed. Note that the site title (blog name) and blog address URL do not have to be the same but it’s better for SEO (search engine optimization) if they are the same.
The topic ‘Site title’ is closed to new replies.