Some help please. (regarding urls and headers)
urls – highlight the word(s) in your post that will be clicked for the link and then use the link button to insert the url.
header – try making it the exact size needed, as specified when you upload a custom header.
For the links, use the instructions here, except DO NOT do step #6:
For the header, do you have a link to a header image you have uploaded? Also, what theme are you using on your blog?
I’m having trouble getting to your blog; is the URL you put in your profile correct?
edit: i took my time composing this, and ellaella slid in there before me :-D
(1) I am unable to load your blog. I click on the url linked to your username http://gooner365.wordpress.com and it just keeps flashing in the browser bar without loading. IMHO you need staff help with that aspect. Please use this link to contact staff http://wordpress.com/contact-support/
(2) Setting that aside I wonder what you mean by “banner”. WordPress.com blogs cannot have blogger initiated advertising on them in any form and when bloggers refer to banners they sometimes mean “advertising” banners. http://faq.wordpress.com/2005/12/08/adsense/
(3) However, if you what you mean is a “customizable header” then please note the correct sizes for the various themes and be sure that you optimize and pre-size the header image before you try to upload it. The image file type must be either jpg, jpeg, png or gif only.
No sorry, it’s a new blog.
Here it is
header i want is this one: http://www.nextgenpes.co.uk/forums/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.jpg
And thanks for the link advice, much appreciated.
(4) Here’s the custom header size: Kubrick size:760 pixels x 200 pixels
Note: This is all white apart from the edges.
Images: Optimize, Pre-size and Resize
i tested the header, and the behaviour is very strange. The image you have provided is the right width without cropping, but the header tool crops out the left and right, leaving the center that then gets stretched (and therefore is pixelated).
I think you need to contact support using the Support button that is normally available on your Dashboard Monday-Friday. Make sure you give them all of the following information:
– your browser
– your browser version
– your FULL blog address (not the name, the real address that begins http:// )
– your FULL username
– your REAL email address that is registered here
– and a very good description of the exact problem
Edit: when i did the test, i tried to make the crop space larger, and it wouldn’t do it. I also converted the file from a jpg to a png, in case the format was doing something weird, but i had the same results. Very, very weird.
(5) Urls- I can’t post them, what gives?
The image you indicate is actually 742x121px and what the system is doing is enlarging it so that it will fill the entire header space of 760x200px. If it’s resized (using the horizontal so that it will fill the header space from side-to-side) and then the “canvas” height is increased, you are going to end up with a lot of white space either above, below, or above and below the image. If you take off the height/width constraint, it distorts the image in the vertical quite a bit.
If you copy the image and open it in a graphics program, even a basic one like Paint, you should be able to add coloured bars to the left and right to make it the right size or even a little too big. Then you can crop it without problems.
The topic ‘Some help please. (regarding urls and headers)’ is closed to new replies.