sourcecode blocks being html encoded upon publish

  • Author
    Posts
  • #1070869

    trevorpilley
    Member

    I use sourcecode blocks quite frequently in blog posts and while writing and previewing the post, it renders correctly, however when the post is scheduled, the contents of the sourcecode blocks seem to be html encoded when its published.

    e.g. " being replaced with ".

    Is there a reason this is happening & is there anything I can do to resolve it myself or is it a bug? It’s quite annoying to have to go back and edit a post after its been published to correct the contents of the sourcecode blocks.

    The blog I need help with is microliteorm.wordpress.com.

    #1070963

    trevorpilley
    Member

    The example I tried to show didn’t render, the " is replaced with ‘& quot ;’

    #1071033

    martinpugh
    Member

    Trevor, I have the same issue but haven’t gotten any response to 2 different requests. Have you had any luck? It’s definitely a problem with the scheduled task routine because Ive found if I just publish the post there is no problem. In fact, I’ve had to abandon the scheduled post feature because of this.

    #1071034

    trevorpilley
    Member

    Martin,

    No, I also have not had any response yet.

    It’s a free service though so how much should we complain/expect?

    #1071035

    kathrynwp
    Staff

    Sorry you’re having this problem. Could you please each post a link to a post where this happened so I can investigate? Thanks very much.

    #1071036

    trevorpilley
    Member

    Hi Kathryn,

    This was the last post it happened to me on: https://microliteorm.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/using-logging-in-custom-listeners/

    If you view the edit history, you will see when I’ve corrected it. From what I can ascertain, it seems that the ampersand at the start of ‘& quot ;’ gets html encoded to ‘& amp quot;’ at some point so that in the code blocks what should show as ” ends up displaying ‘& quot ;’

    #1071037

    martinpugh
    Member

    Same issue for me, here’s a post with the problem: http://thesurlyadmin.com/2012/10/25/custom-employee-directory-update

    Just go back to the October 25 7:01 post in history to see the issue. This does not happen when posting directly, only when using scheduled posts.

    #1071038

    kathrynwp
    Staff

    Thanks very much to you both. We’re investigating and I’ll keep you posted.

    #1071039

    gregramsey
    Member

    I’m adding to the list – I’ve had this occur multiple times when I post code too – suddenly when I publish, Ii’ll see &quot, &gt, &lt, etc. . . things that aren’t helpful when you want to copy code.

    #1071040

    kathrynwp
    Staff

    gregramsey – The bug we’re investigating only occurs when using the source code shortcode on scheduled posts.

    Does this apply in your case? If not, would you mind please starting a new thread for your issue so we can troubleshoot separately? Just link to it from here when you’re done so I’ll see it. Thanks!

    #1071041

    yoavf
    Staff

    We’ve fixed the bug on scheduled posts – source code blocks should be properly published now.
    If you’re still having any problems with this, please let us know.

    #1071042

    martinpugh
    Member

    Awesome! Thank you Yoavf! I’ll get my future posts scheduled and let you know how it goes.

    #1071043

    martinpugh
    Member

    Code posted today with no problems! Nice job! My post didn’t have any > or < but the double quotes worked perfectly!

    #1071044

    yoavf
    Staff

    Great, thanks for letting us know!

The topic ‘sourcecode blocks being html encoded upon publish’ is closed to new replies.