Space Upgrade Expiration

  • Author
    Posts
  • #1042598

    I am confused about the space upgrade I purchased almost a year ago. I was under the impression that my space upgrade would not expire, that I was purchasing additional space for my blog without other limitations. I am currently using 41% of my upgrade and would like to use the other 59% I paid for, but your message on my dashboard makes it seem I will not be able to use it once my year is up? I canceled the automatic renewal in the meantime.
    Blog url: http://chrisandmegjohnson.wordpress.com/

    The blog I need help with is chrisandmegjohnson.wordpress.com.

    #1042717

    macmanx
    Staff

    Space upgrades have to renewed annually if you want to keep the space.

    http://en.support.wordpress.com/space-upgrade/

    #1042733

    So the space I haven’t used will just vanish? I find this kind of shady because I originally purchased 5GB of space (which is what my original receipt says) without an expiration date, but it was then changed to 10GB and given a time limit. I’m considering switching to Blogger now.

    #1042734

    Also, it is not very clear on your website that this is the case, except that it says “per year,” but you don’t explain that the space cannot roll over. I like WordPress, but this frustrates me. I’m considering switching unfortunately.

    #1042737

    macmanx
    Staff

    The Space Upgrade has always been an annual renewal, and we do list the price as “per year.”

    You are essentially leasing the space, not purchasing it, which is the same for all hosting providers.

    #1042739

    Thank you for the clarification.

    #1042740

    macmanx
    Staff

    You’re welcome!

The topic ‘Space Upgrade Expiration’ is closed to new replies.