I haven't seem much spam on my blog historically, but yesterday and again today I had two massive waves of obvious spam comments that made it onto my blog.
- Today there were 54 comments. All of them came through instantaneously. My phone had a seizure.
- Each comment linked to the same website.
- Each comment had an obviously fake Gmail address, like [email redacted].
- Most of the usernames were identical, or variations on the same thing. Most were just 'Anonymous'.
- The comments were all on recent posts, or pages linked to from my primary navigation.
- The comments were all well formed English, but generic and unrelated to my posts ("Excellent blog post. I definitely love this site. Continue the good work!" kind of thing).
Yesterday's wave of comments were the same, except they all linked to a different website.
In other words, pretty obvious spam. Why isn't Akismet picking these up? What can I do?
The blog I need help with is halfblog.net.