Some themes do provide drop-downs natively and some do not. We can all create custom menus and have dropdowns.
1. You create a custom menu. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Parent pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the subpages below the appropriate Parent pages, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pulldown labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
Note: A custom menu allows you to display Categories with drop-downs to sub-categories in tabs along the horizontal navigation where normally only Pages tabs are displayed. If you wish you can also include Pages with drop-downs to sub-pages and/or custom links in your custom menu as well. You are in charge of what appears in a custom menu. You choose the order in which to display any and/or all the foregoing in your custom menu. You choose which to display and which to hide.