Sub pages don't show up on hover
I am using Specturm for a new site created today Brides to be by Hope Mitchell. The page tabs appear at the top, which I want, and also at the sidebar. I want the top tabs to show the sub pages, but they don’t. I have set the parent and what pages should be under the parent- they show up on the side bar when I put the widget in, but how do I get them to show up when hovering over the top tabs?
The blog I need help with is brides2bebyhopemitchell.wordpress.com.
You will need to create a custom menu do drop-downs to the sub-pages from parent pages appear in your navigation. These are the how-to instructions:
1. You create a custom menu. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Categories you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the sub-categories below the appropriate Categories, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pull-down labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with Parent pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
Note: It is important that there is consistency in the sub-page settings. If you have difficulty with positioning using the drop and drag method then do check the sub-pages themselves to see if you have established a Parent page and child page “hierarchical structure” in the page attributes module. Remove if required. Also remove any “order” numbers you have assigned that may conflict with the order you are creating by dropping and dragging. Or simply change them so they are the same order as you establish in the menu. Establish consistency – problem solved.
YIKES! I just remembered something about the Spectrum theme and did some searching. Drop-downs to child pages from parent pages are not currently a feature of the Spectrum theme. All themes that feature a top navigation menu support drop downs if you replace their standard menu with a custom one. But only some of those themes support drop downs in their standard menu, and Spectrum isn’t one of them. This is puzzling because here at the demo site > http://spectrumdemo.wordpress.com/ there are drop-downs to sub-pages being displayed.
@TT: There’s no yikes and no puzzle. Spectrum won’t display dropdowns in its standard top menu but it will if you create and load a custom menu. So your original reply stands, only 2 and 3 should read pages and subpages instead of categories and subcategories.
The topic ‘Sub pages don't show up on hover’ is closed to new replies.