Subpage listing not working
I’m trying to add subpages to my parent pages, but the list of subpages doesn’t appear when I move the mouse over the parentpage in the menu.
My theme is Freshy and the live demo shows that it supports subpages.
Has anyone experienced the same and what would be the solution?
The blog I need help with is ecostil.wordpress.com.
Have you set the sub-pages as child pages in the Page Attributes box on each of the sub-pages? See here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/page-attributes/
Instead of using the standard menu to display only static pages in the top navugation menu, you can now display a custom menu. -> via Appearance > Menus
By setting up a custom menu you can choose to display sub-pages as dropdowns from parent pages. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
Yes it is set as child page and in the overview list of pages the child page has a hyphen in the beginning of its title. I guess that denotes child page?
Yes it does but it does seem that they will not display as dropdowns from parent pages unless you create a custom menu to overirde the existing display.
1. You create a custom menu. http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/
2. You add the Parent pages you want to display and arrange them in the order you want.
3. Then you add and drop and drag the subpages below the appropriate parent pages, and when you have everything arranged in the menu that you want you save the menu.
4. Go to the “theme location” module at upper left on the menu page. Select your custom menu name from the pulldown labeled “primary location.” Click the save button in that module.
5. Refresh your browser so that it isn’t possibly pulling a cached page, and view see your new menu with parents pages and dropdowns to sub-pages.
That did the trick. Thanks.
Yay! I visted your blog again. Best wishes for happy blogging. :)
The topic ‘Subpage listing not working’ is closed to new replies.