Regarding this unresolved topic which is closed to new replies:
Podcasting - how to get rid of strange code in "show description"
I have created a podcast. My theme is Kubrick (no bells and whistles).
Each post consists only of a title and a link to the mp3 file (on a different server; not wordpress hosted).
I subscribed to the podcast through iTunes, pasting the link into the 'subscribe to podcast' menu option.
When I look at the episodes, the show description contains this code:
<img alt="" border="0" src="http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=sermonsfromstanns.wordpress.com&blog=6722307&post=16&subd=sermonsfromstanns&ref=&feed=1" />
I cannot see this code in my posts (even in the HTML view).
Any idea how I can stop that code showing up for subscribers?
I had the same issue, and this is how I fixed it.
- I went to Settings > Reading in my wordpress dashboard
- I unticked all the options in "For each article in an enhanced feed, show" (I don't know if that helped, but I did it)
- "For each article in a feed, show" I changed to "Summary"
- For each of my spleencast feeds at feedburner.com, I scrolled down to the bottom of the "Troubleshootize" page and hit the "Resync Now" button
- I deleted and resubscribed to my spleencast, et voilà! Weird code was gone, yay!
I wrote a brief guide outlining the technical aspects of how I successfully published my podcast on wordpress.com.
I got a lot of my information on how to do this from these forums, and I very much appreciate everything you all do here to help. Please know that even if people like me don't post, we are still helped by your efforts which we can read without comment. For contributing to this resource, and therefore making my bloggy life a whole lot easier, I thank you. :)
The blog I need help with is spleencast.wordpress.com.