I have observed an issue with the 'Tamil-language's month display' in WordPress tamil blogs.
Month names in WP Tamil blogs were sometimes back displayed as a transliterated form of English month names (e.g. June --> ஜூன்[choon]).
I guess, this has recently been changed. The current displayed names are Tamil’s own unique month names rather than English-transliterated form. Displaying Tamil month names is absolutely fine. But the real issue here is with the date displayed.
English months cannot be directly associated with Tamil months. The actual tamil&English month association is as given below:
1. Tai mid-January to mid-February
2. Māci mid-February to mid-March
3. Paṅkuni mid-March to mid-April
4. Cittirai mid-April to mid-May
5. Vaikāci mid-May to mid-June
6. Āni mid-June to mid-July
7. Āṭi mid-July to mid-August
8. Āvaṇi mid-August to mid-September
9. Puraṭṭāci mid-September to mid-October
10. Aippaci mid-October to mid-November
11. Kārttikai mid-November to mid-December
12. Mārkazhi mid-December to mid-January
The current WP month association is one-to-one (Tai to January, Māci to February and so on). This leads to a wrong Tamil date display.
For example, ‘July 26th’ of this year falls under ‘Āṭi 11th’ in Tamil. But, it is currently displayed as ‘Āṭi 26th’ because of the one-to-one month association.
If Tamil month names are used, the date should be displayed according to the Tamil date range. Otherwise, the previous version is fine (transliterated form of English names).
sorry for such a long query.
Thanks in advance,
The blog I need help with is vidhaanam.wordpress.com.