Text Tab Not Working
I have been attempting to use the Text tab (as opposed to the Visual tab) to create Blog posts. I go to my Dashboard, hit New Post, and each time I click the Text tab nothing happens.
I have been trying to post from four different computers, at two different houses, on two different browsers, after clearing all of my Cache and disabling all of my plugins, and all to no avail. I have been Googling solutions for an hour and can’t figure this one out, and no other responses have fixed my particular issue.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
The blog I need help with is ashleighfournier.com.
In order to help you we need to know your specific computing environment details. Please work through what follows and report back.
1. If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ please try upgrading or switching first.
2. If you are using an IE browser in compatibility mode please disable that mode. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
3. If you are running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/
(a) Try clearing your browser’s cache http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
If applicable see here for instructions on how to clear the cache for Chrome and Safari on the iPad:
(c) Disable all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily.
(d) Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
Add both *.wordpress.com and *.wp.com to your list of trusted sites under the Security tab. Make sure to uncheck the box for “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.” http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/#frequently-asked-questions
4. Try using another browser.
5. If you are not successful let us know:
(a) Exactly what kind of device you are using to connect to the internet and to WordPress.com.
(b) Exactly which browser (and version of it) you’re using by checking here if necessary http://www.whatbrowser.org/
(c) And exactly what any error reports you receive state.
I had done everything until “enabling HTTPS.” That seems to have fixed it. Thank you SO much!
The topic ‘Text Tab Not Working’ is closed to new replies.