Things are all amok!
I have several times tried to make the following three changes on my new wordpress blog called “Help,” and to no avail. Please advise:
1) Content on my Home page will not stick
2) When I try to view my site as if I’m not the authour, I get a message written half in English and the rest in some Russian looking type language saying that I cannot access the site without permission DESPITE the fact that I have several times changed the setting to allow anyone to view. So this isn’t sticking either.
3) I want to get rid of this Russian looking language that keeps popping up for me on wordpress. Yes, I checked to ensure the language settings was in English.
And YES, I closed down firefox and restarted it and emptied the cache, history, blah blah blah.
Lily – please email me at (email redacted)
The blog I need help with is dartingtrout.wordpress.com.
There is no content on http://dartingtrout.wordpress.com/ and it is public so just to confirm: is this the blog you’re talking about? If not, what is the URL?
That’s a private site and we Volunteers cannot view it; only Staff can. That is why I’ll tag this thread for Staff assistance. Please subscribe to the thread so you are notified when they respond and please be patient while waiting.
Thank you, and as noted above, that is precisely one of the settings that will not stick each time I make the change. Argh.
When we Volunteer read bloggers stating that content will not stick to the front page of their blogs, we often discover they are not aware that the front page of the blog by default displays all POSTS, not Pages. http://en.support.wordpress.com/post-vs-page/
By default the front page of your blog displays all posts (not pages) in reverse chronological order, with the most recently published post on top. If a front page 404 (page not found) error message appears then it appeared because the Admin of the blog deleted the placeholder Hello World post. http://en.support.wordpress.com/not-found/
(1) There is only one page we can post to in any blog and
(2) The static pages http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/ we create do not automatically update.
Ok, this may have answered a third of my problem – so you’re saying that the Home page will only have information on it when I create a post, and that anything else I put on there won’t stick?
And as for the second part re. the “static pages,” I am not sure I totally understand that. Please talk assuming I know N O T H I N G. I won’t be offended. ;)
P.S. I hope you still contacted the staff? I am still seeing the “Russian” looking language.
The topic ‘Things are all amok!’ is closed to new replies.