With no instructions yet from WordPress, I have figured out how to get your pictures into your blog using the new "Media" method. It ain't easy, but why should things be easy when there is an impressive and complicated way?
1) Be sure that you know which pictures you want to include in the same post ahead of time. List them in REVERSE order. Yes, you will move in the LAST (lowest down in your post) picture FIRST. That is very important.
2) Go to the Edit Post page where you have already inserted your post text.
3) Click on 'Add Media'.
4) You get to the almost blank, white Insert Media page, (If you should get a page randomly filled with you own pictures, click on 'Upload Files')
5) Click on 'Select Files' in the middle of the page.
6) Find the first picture to upload in your own library and double click on it.
7) You get to the Insert Media page, usually with many of your own pictures, and with the picture you just selecte being uploaded into the upper left corner for a few seconds. The same picture should also appear in the right side margin (if it does not, then click on the one in the upper left corner).
8) Write what you want below the picture in the right margin (usually a caption).
9) Click on 'Insert in post'.
10) Now you are back to the Edit Post page. You see a piece of your selected picture. DRAG that picture down to its proper place - for me the end of the text preceding the intended place for the picture. Chances are that you may have to temporarily drop the picture somewhere halfway, and you should do so in a place that would not break up a paragraph to fit in - otherwise you wil have to repair the broken paragraph. You understand now why you should upload the last picture first: if you drop a picture during the dragging onto another picture it may replace that picture, and you don't want to invite that disaster. Finally your picture is located where you want it.
11) Your page is now ready with the last picture in its correct place. Clich 'Upload' to upload it for the world to see. Don't feel embarrassed - you are too busy for that.
12) You are now back on the Edit Post page for the same post, and you can circle back up to my item number (3) above in order to insert your next picture in the reverse sequence. And you click 'Upload' to release your post to the world with one more picture. Do this until all the pictures are in place where you want them. Your job is done!
While you are using my clumsy method to upload your pictures, you should continue to search for WordPress' slick and elegant way to do the same thing. They will reveal it one day, but until then you and I have this workable method that will allow us to survive.
The blog I need help with is gymbrat.wordpress.com.