Thought all went well on header
As of yesterday with the forum’s help I thought my problems with refitting a header at my site was successfully accomplished. Lo and behold today I went to take a look and the header had disappeared. All I had left was a blue square with a ? in the center. I played around with this and finally got the header back where I wanted it by now cannot get rid of the square with the ? in it. Any ideas?
The blog I need help with is mertonocso.wordpress.com.
I see a header featuring trees on the blog linked to your username which is wearing the Nishita theme. If that’s the blog in question and you cannot see it then please try troubleshooting.
1. How are you connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers.
2. Are you using http:// or https:// see http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
3. Which browser and version of it are you using?
4. Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies? http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
5. Is your browser version up to date? You can upgrade any browser version here. http://browsehappy.com/
6. Do you have another browser you can try?
You had originally added that image to your latest post, not to the header. So to get rid of the questionmark you need to edit that post and delete the image.
Thanks, I was able to do this. Now I have a problem with the header again. The size of the picture is too big to fit on the page. I want to take some of the left side out and add about the same amount to the right side. this way I can get more of the idea of a road with trees on both sides. The way it is now the left side gets chopped off. Thanks.
Well you need to use an image editing application to blow up the original to the right height for Nishita then crop its left side to get the right width for Nishita. Since it seems you’re not sure how to do it, you can copy and upload this:
But as I had pointed out, blowing up means loss of quality. Why don’t you search for a similar stock image online?
I’m satisfied for now with what I got from your recommendations. Thanks a lot.
The topic ‘Thought all went well on header’ is closed to new replies.