transfering from .com to .org
I want to transfer my wordpress.com blog site to a GoDaddy domain with the wordpress app installed in it, and I want it to appear exactly as it does now on the wordpress.com version.
The blog I need help with is bozworthmotorgroup.wordpress.com.
You can transfer the site’s content only – not the whole site. Themes and widgets cannot be exported and imported.
1. Hire a web host http://wordpress.org/hosting/ and purchase a domain.
3. Export your content out of your WordPress.com blog http://en.support.wordpress.com/export/ and import it into the install.
4. Purchase a site redirect upgrade from wordpress.com
5. Transfer subscribers and stats. See http://en.support.wordpress.com/moving-a-blog/moving-your-subscribers/
6. Set your wordpress.com blog visibility to private. To change blog visibility to private go to > Settings > Reading scroll to Blog Visibility and choose option 3 . See the guide here http://en.support.wordpress.com/settings/privacy-settings/
7. Migrate your subscribers https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/migrating-wordpresscom-followers-to-new-self-hosted-site?replies=1
Alternatively you can purchase a Guided Transfer and Staff will do the move and set up for you http://en.support.wordpress.com/guided-transfer/
WordPress.com and WordPress.org have different log-ins and we don’t provide support for WordPress.org software installs here. If you don’t have a username account at WordPress.ORG click http://wordpress.org/support/ and register one on the top right hand corner of the page that opens, so you can post to the support forums there and receive advice from WordPress.ORG bloggers.
The topic ‘transfering from .com to .org’ is closed to new replies.