trouble with social connection
I’m having trouble connecting to facebook the app just refreshes when I click “go to app”. Also the social buttons on posts are not visible
The blog I need help with is robertlaverty.wordpress.com.
If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ please try upgrading or switching first.
Note: If you are using an IE9 browser in compatibility mode that makes it render as IE7 and IE7 is not supported. To disable see > http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
If you are, please do these four things:
1. Try clearing your browser’s cache http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
2. Make sure that you have third-party cookies enabled http://en.support.wordpress.com/third-party-cookies/
3. Try with all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily disabled.
4. Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
1. Try flushing your FB cache but disconnect from FB first http://umairj.com/146/how-to-clear-facebook-shares-cache/
2. Try the full reconnect procedure again detailed at http://en.support.wordpress.com/publicize/#reconnecting-facebook including step 3 (removing the FB app), which is probably the most important step.
Note: RSS Grafitti http://www.facebook.com/RSS.Graffiti can be used for posting to Facebook walls if you prefer. RSS Graffiti periodically checks the RSS/Atom feeds that you specify and posts any new entries it finds to the Facebook Walls that you specify. You can get any feed written on any wall (Facebook Profiles, Fan Pages, Groups, Events and Application Profile Pages). In fact, multiple feeds to multiple walls. You choose the combination.
facebook app does not work
Thanks timethief that was fast! This’ll keep me busy for a couple hours….
When you click a post title or a leave comment link the post displays on it’s own page and the social networking sharing button do appear at the end of your posts just above the comments box.
There is only one advertising program called WordAds at WordPress.com and it’s for blogs on their own domains. Aside from a blog being accepted into WordAds http://www.wordads.co/ no blogger initiated advertising, retailing or reselling the work or products created or services provided by anyone other than yourself is allowed on free hosted wordpress.com blogs. E-commerce transactions via shopping carts and the like cannot be conducted on free blogs from and being free hosted by WordPress.com. Paid content and/or sponsored content is not allowed.
On free hosted WordPress.com blog we can use a contact form and/or a PayPal donation button for sale of only products or services created or provided by ourselves.
There is no upgrade you can purchase from WordPress.com that changes any of that. If you do require an ecommerce site, advertising, affiliate links, paid or sponsored content you can hire a web host and get a free software install from http://wordpress.org
Refer to > http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
The topic ‘trouble with social connection’ is closed to new replies.