Tumblr import

• Author

cuchylainx

In the light of the recent Tumblr events, I am trying to import my previous blog on WordPress. Problem is, it’s been almost a full day and not even 1 post has been imported. I can’t delete the action or restart it either.

I followed the tutoriel at https://en.support.wordpress.com/import/import-from-tumblr/ to the word. Do I need to be more patient or am I missing something?

The blog I need help with is plume-de-lynx.music.blog.

Hi there – I’ve double checked to confirm your import is indeed still queued and waiting to run. Please do reconnect to your Tumblr account if you’ve already disconnected it.

We’re processing quite a few imports from Tumblr at the moment, which is causing a backlog of imports in our system. While it may look like your import failed, it’s just in line for processing, and luckily it’s still in the queue. Please allow this to run another 24 hours, and if it hasn’t completed by then, update us here.

Thanks for your patience.

cuchylainx

Hello!

I’ve waited another 24 hours as you requested but there is still no improvement. I understand the technical difficulties you mentioned, even if I am still anxious about the import.

As for Tumblr, I never deconnect my session, so it is not an issue. However, WordPress just asked me to reconnect to plume-de-lynx.music.blog. for an unknown reason when I tried once again to check the progress.

Thank you for your quick answer and reaction. Is there anything else I should do about the import process?

fstat
    Staff

Hi there,

Your import is still queued, but at this point I’m not able to give an estimate on how long it might take to catch up with the backlog, though.

cuchylainx

Alright, guess there’s nothing to do then… I’ll wait and hope for the best! Thanks for the reply.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

It looks like the import on your site has completed – some content has been imported, and no import is currently running.

If you’re still missing posts, please restart the import now – posts already on your WordPress.com site will be skipped by the importer. It might take a while to complete, though, as we’re still seeing a lot of new Tumblr imports being created so there’s still a backlog. At this point I’m not able to give an estimate on how long it might take to catch up with the backlog, though.

cuchylainx

Hello!

Thank you so much, it appears that most of my Tumblr arrived safely on my new WordPress blog!

Great support!

kokkieh
    Staff

Glad we could help :)

The topic ‘Tumblr import’ is closed to new replies.