Tumblr Import :)

• Author

cyberratting

Hello!
    My import has been running since Tuesday but I understand that there is a long backlog going on at the moment.
    I just want to know whether I am still properly in the queue!

I also have no idea how this functions so I wanted to ask whether my PC has to be turned on and connected to the internet, or whether the import will eventually start even if it is turned off… I would like to not have my PC running 24/7 if it being on or off does not affect the import.

The blog I need help with is: cyberrat.science.blog

Thank you very much for your support!

The blog I need help with is cyberrat.science.blog.

timethief

There are hundreds of people trying to import from Tumblr at the same time. Have you read this sticky post https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/tumblr-imports/ at the top of the support forums? This thread for Staff support for you as specified in that sticky post. Please be patient while waiting and do not create duplicate threads on this issue.

milounoorda

I was wondering if my pc had to be on all this time as well! Got no answer on this in my own topic unfortunately so I’ll read along with yours if thats ok :-)

timethief

@milounorda
    Please do not post into other member’s threads. Return to https://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/tumblr-import-70/#post-3228842 where Staff answered you.

milounoorda

@timethief, but my question wasnt answered. It is the same question cyberratting had and again it isnt answered in your reply to this user either. That’s why I came looking in other posts for the answer.
    No worries, I will not post in other people’s threads again but no need to be so unkind. All I want to know is if I’m following the procedures correctly.

kokkieh
    Staff

Hi there,

It appears the Tumblr import on your site has now failed, so I’ve reset the importer so you can try again.

If it seems to take long, please be patient and don’t try cancelling the process yourself – we’re still experiencing a high volume of imports from Tumblr at the moment causing a backlog of pending imports in our system. The imports are being run in the order they are submitted, but it could be a few days before your new import is processed.

This process runs on our servers, not on your PC.

cyberratting

??? but it had started importing yesterday?? so now it stopped and I am back at the end of the queue?

kokkieh
    Staff

Yes, it failed after importing only some posts. Your new import is now at the back of the queue, waiting to be processed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.