I just started with my blog today but I want to connect it to my twitter. I dont care for the twitter widget provided and would really like one of these http://twitter.com/goodies/buttons. Can someone please give step by step instructions on how to do this?
The blog I need help with is maxthetechguy.wordpress.com.
You can add one of those buttons to the sidebar of your blog by pasting the code into a Text Widget. You can find information on using Text Widgets at:
You will want to:
– Go to Appearance > Widgets
– Drag a Text Widget into the sidebar
– Paste the code from Twitter
– Click Save
(1) You click the button of your choice on that page and the code appears. This you copy and then proceed to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets.
(2) There you drag a text widget out of the Available Widgets box and drop it into the Sidebar box.
(3) You click the top right hand corner of the Text widget. It opens and you then paste the code into the Text widget.
(4) You click “Save” and then “Close”.
Lastly, view your blog and you will see the twitter badge in your sidebar.
Just to add on the widget provided in the http://twitter.com/goodies/buttons. would not word because it is a script :)
I’ve tried this AND using the Twitter widget provided by WordPress and neither one will work.
The topic ‘Twitter Badges’ is closed to new replies.