Unable to access my Blog
Please help, I am getting so frustrated. For the last 3 days my blog has been running really slow, even getting onto the WordPress forums and support has taken up to 5mins. Now I am unable to access my pages without the ‘Internet Explorer unable to connect’ message. I have tried the following:
• Used Ask Jeeves rather than Google
• Tested for Malware on a site that was recommended by WordPress (all clear and trusted)
• Tried accessing through links on other blogs
• Refreshed (F5) the blog while waiting for it to load
All to no avail, on the very rare occasion’s I have been able to get into my Blog it has failed to down load all of the pages correctly. However on one occasion I did finally manage to ‘get-on’ but when I tried to post, the cursor moved but no words appeared!
A huge thankyou in advance to anyone who is able to help, as I think I may be getting a bit of WordPress withdrawal symptoms
The blog I need help with is anincorrigible.wordpress.com.
I’m sorry this is happening to you and I will flag this thread for Staff attention.
(1) How are connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com? The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers. Also note that the main dashboard isn’t designed to work with touch devices through the tablet and smartphone browsers.
(2) Exactly which browser and version of it are you using. If you don’t know click here to find out > http://whatsmyuseragent.com/
(3) Are you using AdBlock? If so disable it.
(4) Are you using the https:// secure log-in? If not then please enable it
I have also had a difficult time logging onto the dashboard. I use Google Chrome or Safari and both take very long to load.
Another thing that is irritating are the left and right side links to logging onto the blog or dashboard. What is the point of two doors that take you to the same place?
Which versions of Chrome and Safari are you using please?
Are you using AdBlock? If so disable it.
Are you using the https:// secure log-in? If not then please enable it
Hi I had to reply via e-mail yesterday as I was unable to get on, however (touch wood) everything seems fine today. A huge thanks if your input helped.
By the way I am also with Talk-Talk as I noticed another thread having the same problem’s as myself
The topic ‘Unable to access my Blog’ is closed to new replies.