updating/ changing profile picture
I updated my profile picture (I think it was in the middle of last week), but I still keep receiving the old picture on different places.
– yes, I have cleaned my caches
– btw, I disabled cache completely
– I am going through a proxy
The updated picture IS showing in my profile, but at the named blog on the users list I still see the OLD one. The very small icon on the toolbar is the new one.
The blog I need help with is techscouting.wordpress.com.
The picture being displayed here in the forum is the new one.
The picture here is the wrong one:
“New” versus “old” isn’t very descriptive. I see exactly the same avatar here as there. Sometimes what other people see is not what you see, so if you continue to have problems please re-post, telling us exactly what each avatar looks like.
These are the best practices for uploading your gravatar:
(1) Prepare the image prior to uploading it and make sure it’s no larger than 128 pixels X 128 pixels square.
(2) The image filetype has to be either PNG, GIF or JPG. Make sure the file name contains only letters and numbers – no special characters – no transparency – and make sure all letters are in lowercase.
(3) Also make sure the image file name has an extension (Example – image.jpg)
(4) Note that there is a time delay while your gravatar image propagates. If you are experiencing problems then go to the gravatar site http://en.gravatar.com/ and read the FAQs as it contains common questions and answers to them http://en.gravatar.com/site/faq/
The topic ‘updating/ changing profile picture’ is closed to new replies.