Upgrading to "WordPress Value Bundle".
I would like to upgrade my blog through the “WordPress Value Bundle” offer ($99). This offer gives the feature of custom design plus other features…
I would like to know what things I would be able to edit exactly in custom design, and do I need to be an expert or a programmer to make use of this feature (I don’t know php, xhtml, etc.)?.
I’m afraid if I pay for this bundle I won’t make use of it because it is for more advance users.!
Blog url: http://bukhamseen.wordpress.com/
The blog I need help with is bukhamseen.wordpress.com.
You DO need to know CSS editing. We always recommend holding off buying the bundle until you know the basics of CSS. It’s not hard, but other than the very busy staff, you’re pretty much on your own to make all those design changes.
Thanks a lot for the valuable feedback.
Do you have some links that explain the basics of CSS?
Thanks a lot timethief, that was very useful links; I learned a lot from there.
Now more questions arise:
1. In this bundle “WordPress Value Bundle”, can I install a plugin to create a sitemap for google sitemaps? And will I be able to verify my ownership of the site?
2. Can I use google webmaster tools? Can I use google Adsense on my site?
3. In one tutorial that I have seen somewhere, it says copy files to this directory: wp-content/plugins/ & public_html .
So, after I upgrade my site, will I have access to these directories and others?
4. Will there be automatic backup of site material on weekly, monthly, or whatever period?
5. Do I get a free email account under my domain name?
6. What is the allowed monthly bandwidth of the site?
1. there is no FTP access to our blogs and we cannot install plugins.
1. (a) and (b) This is the process we WordPress.com bloggers use to verify our blog ownership with the major search engines. http://en.support.wordpress.com/webmaster-tools/
Wordpress.com provides sitemaps and there’s nothing you need to do.
It takes time for your content to be indexed by search engines and when that happens is strictly between you and the search engines. http://en.support.wordpress.com/search-engines/
2. (a) Yes.
2. (b) No blogger initiated advertising, retailing or reselling the work or products created or services provided by anyone other than yourself is allowed on free hosted wordpress.com blogs. E-commerce transactions via shopping carts and the like cannot be conducted on free blogs from and being free hosted by wordpress.com. There is an advertising program called WordAds and it’s the only advertising allowed. http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2011/11/29/wordads/
3. The tutorials you are reading do not apply to free hosted WordPress.com blogs. We do no have access to the database. Please read this >
WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org > http://support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/
4. All of our content is backed up by WordPress.com in three different server bank locations.
5. WordPress.com does not provide an email service. You can use Google apps > http://en.support.wordpress.com/domain-mapping/add-email/#google-apps
6. There are no bandwidth limitations or charges. See here re: media space > http://en.support.wordpress.com/space-upgrade/
The topic ‘Upgrading to "WordPress Value Bundle".’ is closed to new replies.