What kind of files? What browser and version are you using? Are you using the http or https version of your site?
Mainly photos in jpeg, all in low res. Internet Explorer and version 10. I am using http.
I am doing exactly the same as I have done for over 2 years on my numerous blogs. I cannot upload onto any of them.
I have read that others are having the same problem and this remains unresolved.
This is still to be resolved. I would be most grateful for assistance.
The process involves three clicks:
1 – Add Media – This works
2 – Upload Files – This works
3 – Select Files – Nothing happens
1. If you are not running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/ which are the ones WordPress.com supports please try upgrading or switching first.
2. If you are using an IE browser in compatibility mode please disable that mode. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html
3. If you are running one of the browsers and versions listed at http://browsehappy.com/
(a) Try clearing your browser’s cache http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32050
If applicable see here for instructions on how to clear the cache for Chrome and Safari on the iPad:
(c) Disable all browser extensions or add-ons temporarily.
(d) Try enabling HTTPS: http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/
Add both *.wordpress.com and *.wp.com to your list of trusted sites under the Security tab. Make sure to uncheck the box for “Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.” http://en.support.wordpress.com/https/#frequently-asked-questions
4. You can use this link to see if your flash is up to date. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If it’s not then go to http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/ and download and install the latest version of flash.
5. Try using another browser.
6. If you are not successful let us know:
(a) Exactly what kind of device you are using to connect to the internet and to WordPress.com.
(b) Exactly which browser (and version of it) you’re using by checking here if necessary http://www.whatbrowser.org/
(c) Exactly what you experience including what any error reports you receive state.
I’d definitely recommend starting with the first two steps timethief mentioned. That is, please make sure your browser is updated to the most recent version: http://browsehappy.com/
And please make sure that if you’re using Internet Explorer, compatibility mode is turned off for WordPress.com: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view
If you still have trouble uploading files after that, please let me know exactly what browser you’re using, including the version number. If you’re not sure, you can check here: http://supportdetails.com/
Following the other steps timethief mentioned may also help you narrow down what’s going wrong with the file uploads, but I would also be happy to walk through those troubleshooting steps with you to help figure it out.
Everything is sorted. Thank you for your help.
The topic ‘Uploading Files’ is closed to new replies.