I can't upload images. I select the image, hit upload, but the image I chose doesn't appear at first OR in the browsing section. Is it my computer or a server problem?
Need help? Check out our Support site, then
Just for grins, have a look at the following to see if one of them may be creating your problem
When creating and uploading an image to wordpress.com here are some basics worth remembering:
(1) Be sure your image is one of these file types - jpg, jpeg, png, gif (Note that bmp's cannot be uploaded due to size).
(2) Do not use anything in the file name except letters and numbers. Use no spaces, no dashes, no underscores, or any type of special character or punctuation, except for the dot between the file name and the extension. Also make sure that the file name has an extension.
(3) If you are using iPhoto, then use the "export" function under the file menu to export the image to your desktop before trying to upload it to WordPress.
(4) If you are not using the image in thumbnail size, make sure that the image is not too wide for the post area in your particular theme. You can find maximum image widths for the most popular themes here: http://faq.wordpress.com/2006/09/25/how-big-can-my-images-be/
(5) Optimize your images so that your blog pages will load faster. See http://faq.wordpress.com/2006/05/08/optimise-your-images/
(6) How to upload pictures in posts: http://faq.wordpress.com/2006/07/16/how-do-i-upload-pictures/
(7) How do I get text to go around a picture: http://faq.wordpress.com/2006/05/29/how-do-i-get-text-to-go-around-a-picture/
I don't know if this i your problem, but sometimes I need to move files my Windows Vista desktop.
The wordpress uploader has problems uploading my files if there are too deep in Folders. This is probably problem with my computer, but its an easy fix for uploading.
move the files to the windows desktop... then upload.
This topic has been closed to new replies.