Using “Share This” to Post
I have tried to post using “Share This” and it worked one time. However, it seems to not work now, even when I sign into “Share This” with user name and password. Is there something in WordPress that prevents the use of Share This?
The blog I need help with is hereinvannuys.wordpress.com.
We can’t help you without a link to your blog, starting with http. Also, where are you trying to post TO using the Share This button? It does not post to WordPress.com.
What about Add to Any? I noticed the “Add to Any Button” on my posts has a WordPress option among the dozens of options.. If I click on it, a page comes up that says: Please enter the location of your WordPress blog (insert URL) and Press. I have never used it because obviously I do not want to repost my posts. Does anyone know if it works with WordPress.com AND org?
We just had an announcement on our dashboards about hootsuite for wordpress.com bloggers. Although wordpress.org bloggers have not been included as yet, a plugin is being developed for them to use.
With hootsuite as with Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, you can schedule and cross-post content to multiple WordPress accounts. There is also a Home Feed for blogs you are following, as well as the ability to reblog posts you think are noteworthy.
“Share this” is such a widely used tool to improve traffic. Why can’t we have it in our blogs?
We can. Are you putting it in your sidebar or on individual posts?
Also: I hate it. The damn box pops open and then won’t go away. I much prefer Getsociallive.com
We can use “share this” on our self hosted blogs. It’s a plugin and wordpress.com blogs do not have plugins. What I experience on my self hosted wordpress.org blog is what raincoaster described.
On wordpress.com blogs we can use:
http://getsociallive.com social bookmarking buttons
I prefer using getsocialive bookmarks as it automatically updates my twitter account when I publish a post.
These days I’m using the AddtoAny button. Dead simple to add the button to your post after you publish it, but which also means it’s not great for adding to “future posts”.
Thanks, JustJennifer. Where do I find the AddToAny button? I’m trying to let people post my posting to Facebook. Does AddToAny do that? And to Twitter, and whatever?
You forgot to post the link to the blog to which you are referring starting with http:// Please do that now.
Hi TimeThief! You seem to be an online help desk! Thanks! I’m talking about my own blog: http://titusonmission.wordpress.com. Hope this helps. Titus
Why, btw, do other people’s pictures come up by their comments on this forum, but mine doesn’t – but it does when in other contexts.
(1) Here’s how to link your username to your blog in your blog Dashboard > Users > Your Profile. Then scroll down to where it says ‘Website‘ and fill in the address of your blog and then click ‘Update Profile‘.
(2) These are the best practices for uploading your gravatar:
- Prepare the image prior to uploading it and make sure it’s no larger than 128 pixels X 128 pixels square.
- The image filetype has to be either PNG, GIF or JPG. Make sure the file name contains only letters and numbers – no special characters – and make sure all letters are in lowercase.
- Also make sure the image file name has an extension (Example – image.jpg)
- Note that there is a time delay while your gravatar image propagates. If you are experiencing problems then go to the gravatar site http://en.gravatar.com/ and read the FAQs as it contains common questions and answers to them http://en.gravatar.com/site/faq/
(5) Add this button (I already provided this link above) I do not know if it updates twitter, facebook, etc. because I do not like it and do not use it. http://en.support.wordpress.com/addthis/
Also aee this entry > http://en.support.wordpress.com/avatars/gravatars/
The topic ‘Using “Share This” to Post’ is closed to new replies.