Want to disable blog posts appearing on 'static' pages.
Morning all, I am working on the site as noted, it is mine and I am doing I feel a pretty good job of customising and making this work for me, there is an aspect that is eluding me.
Most of my pages are static, I want to make just one “News” a blog type page which shows posts that I have written with the Category “NEWS” id =7 (i think). I am no stranger to posts and WordPress since I already have a healthy and working Blog running at Father Abbott. I don’t want any other pages to show this ‘News Feed’, especially not the frontpage. I can find other solutions for removing comments from pages and posts but not disabling the appearance of posts on pages. Every time I have found what looks like a solution I edit something it either breaks the site completely or doesn’t remove the news feed from the bottom of the pages.
Some info re the site;
– Updated to latest and greatest WP Update 3.6.1
– Theme Twenty Eleven is up to date as well, 1.4
– I have JetPack and some other plugins installed, Flash, Gallery…too many to name and probably no impact on this aspect. (though not impossible)
– The main Header pages (Home, News, Giving it Away) are all based on the Showcase Template as that is deliberate for the look that I want of the site.
– The child pages (Support > Home, Digital Signage > What is DS?) are all based on the default Template, whatever that is. Again deliberate to the look of the site.
– The News page the one concerned is based on “Page of Posts” since that is what it is intended to be, correct?
I am up for changing the PHP etc I just need to know what to change and where to change it/remove it to achieve what I want. I have a local host mirror setup on the MAC to test some stuff so I can edit to my hearts content install random plugins whatever it takes to make this work before going live on the site.
Anyone got any ideas, or direct me to a post/resolution that has worked, I am sure there is someone out there who has tried this and got it sorted, can’t believe this is new and never been done, just can’t seem to find it.
The blog I need help with is www.kinnell-kreations.co.uk.
The blog you specified at http://www.kinnell-kreations.co.uk does not appear to be hosted at WordPress.com.
This support forum is for blogs hosted at WordPress.com. If your question is about a self-hosted WordPress blog then you’ll find help at the WordPress.org forums.
If you don’t understand the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org, you may find this information helpful.
If you forgot to include a link to your blog, you can reply and include it below. It’ll help people to answer your question.
This is an automated message.
Should be possible – however you missed on small detail – you need to ask for help over at WordPress.ORG the keepers of the software you are using – this forum is only for blogs hosted on WordPress.COM –
Thanks Auxclass, as soon as I posted this and saw the supportbot message I immediately posted the exact same on the .org side.
This post will now that I am home be deleted as it is as you say not relevant to this .com site.
The topic ‘Want to disable blog posts appearing on 'static' pages.’ is closed to new replies.