Want To Skip A Line Between Text And Image
Here’s my blog site: http://markarmstrongillustration.wordpress.com/
In my April 4th post: I’d just like to know how to skip a line (or more precisely, insert vertical space, a certain number of pixels) between my opening text and the first image. (And once I learn that trick, I hope it’s also something I can use to put more space between the sequential images in the same post.)
I’ve tried inserting
<br /><br />and also
<p></p>without success. Sure would appreciate an assist! Thanks.
The blog I need help with is markarmstrongillustration.wordpress.com.
Excellent article here to make space between lines:
Many thanks! I’m bowing and scrapping here… : )
What a struggle, though! I swear I’ve lost HTML code while patching in new (additional) HTML code in an attempt to fix things. Weird. Will struggle on with it for awhile– thanks again!
I think I finally got myself straighten out. After about a gazillion edits, you can view my final-form April 4th post here: http://markarmstrongillustration.wordpress.com
FWIW: I found I had better luck if I stuck with the Visual Editor, wrote the text and inserted images, and then fine-tuned the images’ appearance at the end, as follows:
1. While in the Visual Editor: Click on the image to be edited
2. Click on the Mountain Icon indicating you wish to edit the image, not delete it
3. In the pop-up window, click on Advanced Settings
4. If you want a border around the image, enter desired #pixels in the Border Field
5. To add space above and below the image, enter desired #pixels in Vertical Space
(***note: this adds an equal amount of vertical space above and below the image,
but you can edit the image again (Steps #1-3 above) and adjust the #pixels
above and/or below the image by entering the desired pixel value in the Styles
field; repeat this edit as often as it takes to position the image with the desired
amount of vertical space (pixels) both above and below it)
1. Align the image when you first insert it– makes life easier. However, you can still
do it after the fact by doing Steps #1-2 above, then entering the desired alignment
in the Edit Image pop-up window.
2. Resist the temptation to resize your image in Edit Image pop-up window
(90%, 80%, whatever); it works, but you’ll be resizing a JPEG or a GIF, and
you’ll wind up with a degraded image. If you decide your image is too big, delete
it, create a new one (in Photoshop, whatever), and upload the new image to your
WordPress Media library.
The topic ‘Want To Skip A Line Between Text And Image’ is closed to new replies.